Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Happy Tuesday everyone!! Yikes, what a day. I had lunch and dinner out today. At lunchtime, my colleague and I were taken out by one of our clients. He took us to a really really lovely greek restaurant that I really like a lot. I wasn't sure what to have so I ended up ordering an "Island Salad" which is basically a greek salad with seafood on it, tinned crab and cod I think. It was delicious and when I got back to the office and figured it out, it wasn't bad as far as calories go. I ordered the dressing on the side and didn't eat any of the feta (which fortunately was on the side of the plate) or the olives. If I had know that it had come with cheese, I would have told them to forget it. I love feta and it was a massive chunk. I was quite proud of myself for not having any. I also said no to wine and had water with my meal.

Dinner was more of a challenge. We took my father-in-law for groceries and he usually likes to go out after. I was not feeling like it (having had lunch out and all) and he didn't feel like going to our regular "safe" spot, Swiss Chalet, so we ended up at Kelsey's. It was all you can eat fajitas night so we had that for supper. The tortillas are the worst part of that deal so we avoided them and the sour cream and enjoyed the meat and veggies. Again, upon calculation and based on what we had, it wasn't a super high fat dinner. It easily could have been but we really watched it. I'm pretty pleased with us actually.

But now, it's late and I'm bone tired from all the shopping and schelping around so I'm going to skip my bike ride tonight and call it day!

No comments: