Friday, February 21, 2003

Here it is, Friday again. So hard to believe. Earlier in the week I was making all kinds of plans for things that I thought I would do this weekend. At the moment we're sitting on the cusp of a big storm. Tomorrow and Sunday we're supposed to get hammered with a mixture of snow and freezing rain. Ever since the big ice storm of 1998 I'm totally terrified of freezing rain and ice so I've decided to hibernate and veg around the house this weekend instead, fun huh? I'll not totally veg though. I plan to work out a fair bit. That's been my way of avoiding the temptations of no routine on the weekends. Whenever I get craving something stupid, I get my butt busy doing something physical. We also stopped off at the store after work and stocked up on lots of healthy snacks for the weekend, extra yogurt, fruit & veggies in addition to the skinny chips and organic microwave popcorn I got earlier in the week.

Dinner tonight was outstanding. We eat a lot of asian-style food and tried a new noodle tonight (well, different brand anyway). We got some Rooster Brand Longkou Vermicelli and it was so good and it's insanely low in calories, has basically no fat at all and is insanely filling. It's only 85 calories for a 50 g portion. That might not sound like a lot but you would not believe how those noodles expand. We are still working on our "more veggies less meat" thing too and tonight was a great meal for that. We each had about 3 oz of lean pork and probably 5 cups of veggies, rapini, bok choy, sprouts, sweet peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, celery...yum!

I'm really looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend. I may even get some reading done. I just picked up Good In Bed and may dig into that tomorrow. I've been feeling so good lately I'm sure whatever I get upto will be fun!

No comments: