Wednesday, February 12, 2003

It's Sabotage - not really, it's just the Wednesday Weigh-In

1. Do you keep anything in your home that is off program? If so, what is it? If not, how have you kept that up?
Yes. At the moment we have a bag of sour cream & onion ruffles at the back of our pantry as well as a small stash of Chocolate. The chips we bought at Christmas time and never ate them. They're probably on the verge of being stale at this point. I was going to give them away to someone but everyone I know is trying to eat better / healthier. I was going to throw them out when I threw out all of the leftover Christmas goodies and other "crap" we had in the house when we started this but I didn't. I've kept them in the cupboard as a test I guess. I'm planning a good "sort" this weekend so I'll probably pitch them out then. The chocolate is also left over from Christmas. I have a few pieces left from a box of Godivas I got for Christmas and there are two Lindt chocolates also from Christmas. They are my PMS "medication." I've just gone through my first period since starting this and the chocolate was a necessity. I did not overinduge though. I counted the calories and my hormones were grateful for the treat!

2. Do you have people around you that sabotage your efforts? If not, do you have offline encouragement?

Not really. My hubby is also doing this with me so that is a huge help. I can't imagine how difficult this would be without his support. Also, most of the women I work with are doing WW right now so they're a great source of support too. I have told all of my friends and my family about what we are doing and they have all been wonderful and helpful. Most people we know are in the same boat and are wanting to be healthier!

3. Where are you most easily sabotaged? For instance... at work, at home?

So far I haven't been sabotaged. Home on the weekends is hardest. Eating out is also tough at times but it's getting easier. I guess I'm just so happy with myself that I haven't let anything slip me up. This is the first time in my life ever that I have stuck to something like for this long (it's over 5 weeks now). I'm not letting anything slip me up this time. I've worked too hard and come too far to allow that to happen!!

No comments: