Monday, February 24, 2003

This week's Progress Prompt:

Did you take any PE (physical education) class when you were in school? Did you enjoy it? Were you athletically inclined? Have you ever participated in a team sport? In an individual sport? What sports have you tried, and what sport would you like to try/learn? Do you enjoy/are you easily inspired from watching sports?

I took Phys. Ed until the last year of High School. I was not the greatest athelete in the world though and always hated the gymnastics or track components of gym class. I just could not bounce around or make my body flexible enough for gymnastics and have always found running to be difficult. I always tried whatever we were doing though, even if I couldn't do it gracefully! I enjoyed part of it, volleyball, baseball, bowling, golf, tennis, basketball, team sports really and dance.

I have always loved swimming and am one badge away from having my bronze cross. I used to ice skate a lot but haven't done so in years, I'd like to relearn how to do that. I'd also like to learn to curl. I've found out that there is a women's group here in town that offers introductory / no committment required sessions in the fall. When I was a girl I played softball on a team but only for a couple of summers.

I can't say that I enjoy watching sports and have never been inspired by them. I find that professional sports annoy me - I can't stop thinking about how much money is involved. Personally, I'm more inspired by regular people like me, who go out every day and move their body.

No comments: