Monday, February 17, 2003

Oh I'm having a terrific day. I just got home from a lunch date with a girlfriend. We decided to meet mid-morning at this newish place that just serves breakfast and lunch. I had been there before, the weekend it opened and had a less than spectacular experience but I was willing to chalk that up to "just opened" jitters. They serve crepes and eggs and lots of really yummy stuff. The chain is based in Quebec so it's very "french" (obviously). The first time I was there I had eggs but I had admired the fruit plates I had seen. This morning I had ordered a fruit plate with dry brown toast and a side order of low-fat yogurt. It was beautiful. It had strawberries, pineapple, 3 kinds of melon, banana, grapes, apple, kiwi, orange, grapefruit, nectarine and even a slice of star fruit. I couldn't finish it, it was that big.

After lunch, I had to go to the grocery store to pick up some whole wheat pasta. On the reccommendation of Bev from the Weigh-Better board, I picked up some Skinny chips (Skinny potato sticks - Lime Chili flavour and Skinny corn chips - sour cream and onion flavour). I'll let you know how they are. I was impressed with the fat and calorie content. They aren't overly salted too which is a plus in my book. I'm a sucker for crunchy salty snacks so these will be handy to have in the house. I also got some organic microwave popcorn and some Goldfish crackers. I haven't had Goldfish in ages and they are a good once-in-a-while snack too.

I'm feeling really great today, better than I have in a while. I think that the effects of our change in diet and the exercise is finally kicking in to full gear. I'm really feeling that I'm getting a challenging workout from my bike and from the weights I just bought. I really notice a difference in my walk. I feel stronger and I'm walking much straighter than I have in a while. My pace has sped up too. Overall I'm just feeling great! Oh, also, it's Monday so I measured myself today and I've lost another 3.5 inches, so that is now a total of 17" in my bust, waist and hips! Yay me!

No comments: