Monday, February 10, 2003

Today's Progress Prompt
People are encouraged to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day for optimum health. For people who are on weight loss programs, especially those who prefer to drink soda or coffee, incorporating water intake can be difficult or painful during the transition to a healthy lifestyle. How do you get all eight glasses into you? Share a favorite tip or trick. Since starting drinking water regularly, have you noticed any significant changes in your body or mood?

I have always been a fan of water. I do drink one cup of coffee (black), in the morning, and will often have a diet soda with my dinner in the evening. All day, every day, I drink water. I probably drink way more than 8 glasses, I don't really keep track. What I do though, and this may work for some folks, is drink my water very cold, practically frozen. I put a bottle of water in the freezer for a couple of hours before I drink it. This way, when I do get around to drinking it, I have to smash in the sides of the bottle to break up the ice. This keeps the water colder longer and it also allows me to have some icy chunks to munch on (I love crunching ice!).

No comments: