Monday, February 17, 2003

Today's Progress Prompt
What are your food triggers? How/why do they trigger your cravings? What do you do with them when you're on a weight loss program...do you modify their recipes or eliminate them from your food plan altogether?

My hormones are the only thing that I cannot control which will trigger cravings for me. My hormones make me go mad for chocolate. Chocolate has always been a huge trigger for me. What I have basically done this time 'round is to eliminate it completely from my every day diet. Last month, during TOM, I gave in to my chocolate craving in a rational, reasonable, controlled way. I had a very small amount of good chocolate and I was fine. Something in my brain has changed this time and I no longer crave the greasy, fatty stuff that I once did. I think it's because I've changed my lifestyle so that I will be more healthy. I'm not focused on a dress size, my goal is improved total health and increased longevity!

No comments: