Friday, February 14, 2003

We got talking about weight loss this afternoon at work. As I've mentioned before, a number of my coworkers are also "shrinking" and a couple of us were sharing ideas and tips and telling another person in the office about what we'd been doing. She wants to lose weight too but doesn't feel like she can. I sent her a bunch of URLs, like for fitday and for some blogs, so that she could read about what other, ordinary folks are doing about getting in shape, and getting healthy.

I was totally inspired when I started reading blogs and learned about successful "losers" who were doing it without diet pills or WLS. I hope she feels the same way I did. Personally, it took me a few months of reading to get my bum in gear and get started. I know that this person feels defeated over past attempts that didn't go the way she wanted them to. I'm hoping that she'll be as amazed and impressed as I was with my fellow bloggers.

We also discussed a "support group" of sorts in the building we work in. There are certainly enough of us doing this thing that it could work. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: