Thursday, February 06, 2003

Wednesday Weigh-In (just one day late)

I think that I go to bed too early to do these things on the day that they get posted!! (either that or I'm just a slacker!!)

Keeping Motivated

1. What sort of things do you do to keep yourself motivated while loosing weight?
I have found that visualization is working for me right now. I keep thinking about what I'm going to look like down the road and that keeps me going. I have also found that exercise is a huge part of the motivation for me. I can't justify an eating binge that will undo all the good / hard work I've put in to exercising.

2. With your progress so far, have you seen any changes in yourself?
Oh definitely. I've noticed a difference in the way some of my clothes are fitting me, in particular my sweaters and tops. I've been measuring myself every week and (so far!) every week I've lost a little bit. I also notice that my feet and ankles don't get swollen anymore and I've had to move the buckle dealy on my sandals because they were falling off of my feet. That may sound funny but it's true!

3. Who, if anyone, is your health idol or even mentor?
I don't have just one. I find that my inspiration comes from the women I've been meeting through these blogs and chat forums. I'm getting more support and encouragement from them than I have from any professional health person!

No comments: