Saturday, June 07, 2003

break day

Today was an official break day for me. I didn't workout at all. I spent the early morning cleaning up the house and getting things ready for company. Two of my best girlfriends were coming over for lunch and some serious patio/cocktail time. It's been ages since we've done that and I couldn't remember the last time I had anything alcoholic to drink. We had a great time. I had made a huge veggie platter with some low-fat dip and got a small pumpernickel loaf and spinach dip for us to nibble on. None of us wanted to have a big lunch so I thought that this was a good idea. We just snacked on stuff through the afternoon and made a few pitchers of blender drinks. The weather was overcast but warm and the rain they kept calling for never happened.

When my hunny got home from work, he hung out with us for a bit and then drove them home. As this was a day off, we decided to grab a pizza for dinner. I just figured out my calories for the day and despite the pizza, booze & bread, I didn't do too bad at all. Probably because until we had the pizza, everything else was pretty low calorie (alcohol aside). I'll be totally back on track tomorrow. The day off on Saturday thing is working for me though. I've done it the past couple of weeks and while I never go totally nutso, I do get to treat myself. I find that even on my free days now, I usually stay pretty close to what I would otherwise. I just can't eat as much as I used to and I don't crave much of the crap anymore. It's nice.

Oh, by the way, I measured up this morning and I'm happy to report that I lost .5" from my chest, hips and calf this week. That's a total of 11.5" from my chest and 11" from my hips since January. I was also down 2 pounds on the scale and I'm really thrilled about that.

No comments: