Friday, June 13, 2003

PMS be damned, I've been doing a good job of keeping the eating under control this week. My lower back is a little sore right now but I know that it's partly PMS and partly damp, cold rainy weather.

Last night, after work, we were out doing errands and stopped off at our neighbourhood supermarket on the way home. My hunny was craving a bottle of Fresca and I wanted "something." I'm not sure what I wanted, I think I wanted something chocolaty (non-chocolate part of the trip aside, you can read about what happened at the IGA here. So, we wandered the aisles and I couldn't figure out what I wanted. It was just the PMS monster raging, I know this. Finally, we left the store and I didn't pick up anything. I still wanted something but we were heading for home now. When I got home, I still wanted something. Fat Free Chocolate pudding or Skinny Sticks were not going to cut it. In the end, I didn't have anything (although I did have a conversation in my head about what I wanted, all night, in my head). I went to bed grumpy about it but woke up happy that I didn't have anything. Weird huh?

Lately, I've been weighing and measuring on Saturdays and then, if I want a treat, I have it after weigh-in. What I've been doing, when I crave something really decadent (for me this is chocolate stuff), I'll go to the bulk store and get a really tiny amount of a couple of things I like, like M&M's or Reese's Pieces. Not enough for a whole package, just a taste. I find that this totally works for me. It's not a huge pig out but it is a nice, normal (i.e. not fat free/sugar free) treat. I'm not sure if this would work for other folks. It does require a lot of discipline while you're in the store.

I'm hoping for a good result again tomorrow. I'm sure that my hard work will pay off again. Overall, I'm really pleased at how well I've been doing over the past couple of weeks. Now that I'm back on track and have figured out exactly what I'm doing, I know that I should be able to keep things under control.

No comments: