Monday, June 02, 2003

challenges

What a week this is turning out to be. I totally forgot that our staff barbecue is today. This is an annual event, hosted by the Principal and his wife and they have burgers & dogs & chips & pop for everyone on campus. It's set up right next to our office and all morning, I've been smelling grilled meat floating in the window. I don't want to go outside and risk walking into temptation so I'm sitting at my desk eating my brown rice and veggies instead.

On Thursday, we have a professional development day and that will have a barbecue luncheon too. What are these people trying to do to me? I have emailed one of my colleagues to find out exactly what is on the menu. I may end up bringing my own food to that event. I know it may possibly seem anti-social but I have to plan my meals out really carefully, particularly lunches, or it'll throw my entire day off. Yikes.

Now, I've been invited to a Pizza Party on Friday at lunch. I RSVP'd (it's a thank you luncheon for those of us who helped out with the framing service at Convocation) but told them that I'd bring my own food. At least that one is just folks in my immediate department so it won't seem as rude. People don't make it easy for you do they?

To further motivate myself, I have broken down and ordered myself Walk Away the Pounds With Leslie Sansone: 2 Workouts and Walk Away the Pounds With Leslie Sansone: Super Fat Burning from Amazon. Hopefully I'll have them by the weekend. I'm looking forward to giving them a try, I need something else to add to my exercise routine. It's supposed to be a lot of fun, from what I've heard. I think what I may do is continue to do my 4+ miles on the bike and then do a Leslie session. That'll be the best part of an hour each day, before I go to work. Now that I'm seeing movement with the measuring tape again, I want to keep it up!

No comments: