Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Here is this week's Wednesday Weigh-in:

While you're losing weight, or since you've reached your goal, have there been any changes that have concerned or scared you? How do you deal with them or how do you think you should deal with them?

I had a really big, scary, gas attack. This is something that has only happened to me a couple of times and only since I've started losing weight. The first time it happened, I wasn't sure what it was or when (or if) it would end. I think that my whole metabolism has changed and I have to really be careful about how much I eat now. I notice that when it happens, it's because I've eaten a shitload of garlic or broccoli. It's odd.

Something that scares me a little (but I don't dwell on it) is the fear that I can gain back the weight I've already lost and undo all my hard work. I have no plans to change my lifestyle again. I made a commitment to a healthy lifestyle back in January. I've also figured out how to create balance in things so that I can be healthy and active and still enjoy the occasional "forbidden fruit" type of food. As I said, I have no plan to ever gain the weight back but I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't something that I thought about from time to time.

No comments: