Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Wednesday Weigh-In:

What will be different?
We've all been on the diet merry-go-round. When you reach goal this time, what will you do differently not to be here again?

I actually stayed off of the merry-go-round for a long time, about 15 years or so, I'd say. This time, I am focusing on overall health and not just a dress size. I think that this has helped me enormously in terms of perspective. I know that this is a life-long commitment which I have made to being a more healthy human being. My long-term goal is increased longevity and I know that if I keep the weight on (or gain it back once it's all gone) I'll just be hindering my health. If I stay focused on fitness and not thinness, I should be able to maintain whatever amount of weight it is that I end up losing.

No comments: