Sunday, June 01, 2003

The weekend is just flying by.

I did take yesterday as a break day from working out. I did spend a lot of time walking around the mall. I'm not a mall person any more. When I was a teenager, I lived there with my girlfriends, I could tell you exactly where everything in the place was. We only have a few malls here, this is the big one I'm talking about. Anyway, I had a lot of errands to do yesterday and started out at the big box store mall. This week is my parent's anniversary, my girlfriend's birthday and Father's Day is coming up, so we have 2 dad's to buy stuff for too. I spent over an hour going from big box store, to big box store and ended up at the big mega-mall. It's so huge now, I forgot that they put this big addition on the place. Of course, since I don't do malls any more (I find that the smells of all the perfumes and plastic appliances really gets to me) I didn't know where anything was so it took me twice as long as it should have to get what I needed to do, done, because I kept doubling back and wandering around in circles to find stuff. The nice thing about it is that I wasn't all pooped and winded, like at Christmas when I went through a similar ordeal. I got all the presents that I needed and I probably clocked two hours of walking in, over all.

I know that I've lost inches off my stomach and hips but where I'm really noticing it is in my thighs. I guess because of the bike riding. When I was driving around yesterday, I noticed that my jeans (my thinner jeans) are slightly baggy in the thighs when I'm sitting (something that NEVER has happened to me in my entire life) and are only tight through the tummy area. Don't get me wrong, I've still got a LONG way to go, but it's nice to notice the change nonetheless.

Today we had a lazy morning and just returned home from a big visit to the box store mall. The bulk of our purchases were made at Home Depot but we had to schlep around Bouclair and Futureshop pricing stuff out before we ended up at the Depot. We wanted to get a new A/C unit for our bedroom and some new blinds (for our bedroom, and the bathroom). The window coverings in these rooms are the ones that came with house - I've replaced everything else - and we wanted to get new ones because we're planning on painting both rooms at the end of June when we're on vacation. I've yet to workout today but I plan to do it this evening. I'll get in some time with my weights and do a good ride on my bike. Hopefully, if it stays nice, we might even get a walk around the neighbourhood in.

No comments: