Saturday, June 21, 2003

Today was a break day. This break on Saturday thing is working for me. I was down another pound today when I weighed in and I've lost another .25" on my hips. I've also lost an inch on my arms. I didn't work out officially but we did a lot of walking today. We did a lot of errands so we walked a lot in stores but we also walked outside a fair bit. It was a gorgeous day, this first day of summer and I was glad to be outside for part of it.

I have found though, that taking a break from really seriously counting calories and stuff, I still keep within what I eat on my on program days. Today for example, we had a big breakfast and went out with our little old guy for dinner, but I stayed basically in line as far calories go because we only had the two (big) meals. At dinner actually, I only ate about 1/3 of what was on my plate and I was stuffed.

I noticed too that my flexibility is probably better now than it's been in years. I've found myself being able to contort my legs while in the car, in ways I probably haven't done since I was a teenager. Right now, I feel better physically than I have in years and years. It's very cool and it makes me wish that I'd started doing this serious, regular exercise thing years ago. Who knew huh?

No comments: