Saturday, June 28, 2003

Considering how tired I was last night, I woke up pretty early this morning. We both did actually. It was good though, we were in and out of the Home Depot and back home at a reasonable time. We've started working on our bathroom and there is a lot of sanding to do. At the moment, there is dust flying everywhere. I'm trying to get as much of it as I can with the vacuum but it's a bit of a losing battle.

Before we went to the Depot, we went out for breakfast. Saturday is our "free" day. It ends up that I'm usually totally within my caloric range but I don't worry about it as much. I've been doing this for about a month and have had good results. For some reason, it seems to kick my metabolism and I've been losing pounds and inches more steadily recently. The first month or so, things happened pretty quickly, then they started to slow down. I've had better and more consistent losses over the past 6 weeks I'd say, than I have had in a while. So we decided to have breakfast at Denny's. I like that they have egg beaters there, not every place does. I had a pretty decent breakfast, and really enjoyed it.

While we were sipping our coffee and waiting for our meal, we noticed this woman sitting at the table next to us. Her husband was enjoying a nice looking breakfast, and she'd ordered a plain, toasted bagel. She was hollowing out the middle of the bagel (i.e. the white fluffy stuff) with a spoon, and only eating the crust. This struck me as odd. It made me wonder if there is some new crust diet that we haven't heard about yet. If you've heard of some toasted bagel crust diet, please let me know. I love to hear about (not participate in) fad diets. If this is a new fad diet, it's a doozy.

No comments: