Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Yikes. We just got home from our weekly dinner with our little old guy. Our little old is my hunny's dad. I'm sure that many of you have little old guys of your own and can appreciate how much patience is required, at times, to deal with a really elderly, crotchety person. Anyway, all through dinner, anytime I would say anything, he would cut me off. If he actually had something to say about the topic, I almost wouldn't mind but he is usually just bored with the topic (or doesn't have anything perhaps to contribute) so he just starts talking, loudly, about something else. I started to really steam up as dinner was ending.

We were at the Chinese buffet and I almost never have dessert (unless they have brownies and I'm PMSing). Tonight I was PMSing, and they had brownies, and he was pissing me off. All I could think of was going over to the brownies, filling my plate and then eating them all. Just because I was upset. I thought to myself, I can either be upset with him now or upset with myself later (if I eat the stupid brownies) so I didn't eat any. And I didn't kill him...and he's safely at home right now...and I may go have some strawberries!

No comments: