Tuesday, June 03, 2003

I had such an excellent day yesterday. I was able to keep my eating completely on plan and I even had a little bit of dessert last night. Not a lot, just a taste of white cake with some pineapple on the side. I had budgeted my calories in such a way that I could do it and I really enjoyed it.

A funny thing happened to me last night. After dinner I was watching Dr. Phil. I've taken to taping him everyday. I don't necessarily watch each episode, sometimes the topic is of no interest to me. I also find that sometimes, I can breeze through some segments if I find a particular guest to be boring. Anyway, yesterday's episode was "Get Straight With Your Weight, Part 2" and I knew that I'd be in for the long haul. I was sitting on the couch, watching the show and couldn't get comfortable. We have a bad couch, it's a futon sofa and I hate it but it'll have to do until we can afford to replace our living room furniture. Eventually, I got so antsy that I decided to get on my bike. It's comfortable and in front of the TV. I jumped on and rode it until the end of Dr Phil, which was about 20 minutes. I put in an additional 4.61 miles on it, bringing my total for the day up to almost 9 miles! Not bad huh?

The Dr. Phil episode was good but not really anything I'd not heard of or thought before. He was explaining to some women how they need to get to the root cause of their weight gain and figure out why they overeat. If they do this, they'll be able to get healthy. One woman in particular was interesting. She'd lost weight by having her jaw wired shut and then gained it all back. She was talking about getting WLS but was afraid of gaining the weight back. I'd be afraid too. You can't start this journey until you've got your head sorted out. If you do, you'll just sabotage yourself and will never be able to keep it off. Whatever she decides to do, I think she figured out that she has to resolve whatever is going on in her head before she does it. That was cool.

Oh, I also got an email from Amazon this morning that my order had shipped so I should have my Leslie Sansone DVD's in a couple of days, yay!!

No comments: