Wednesday, June 04, 2003

I feel good!

I wasn't sure that I would!

My Leslie Sansone DVD's arrived yesterday. I didn't pay for expedited shipping but someone at Amazon must have felt that I needed to receive them, lickity-split, because they only took one day to get here. I opened the first one, with the 1 and 2 mile workouts in it, and popped it in the TV last night. I wanted to have a preview of what I was getting myself into. I was really relieved to discover that Leslie isn't disgustingly perky (like some folks on these tapes are) and it didn't look too difficult. What I most liked was that you didn't need a huge amount of room to do the walking in. Our living room is full of furniture plus a recumbent bike so I don't have a lot of extra space for running and jumping about in. I felt confident that I'd be able to get through the whole thing and still do my regular workout.

I got myself up about 10 minutes earlier than usual so I'd have a little extra time to do the 20 minute tape. It is actually a lot more strenuous than it appears to be. I did the whole mile and felt really excellent when I was done. She suggests that you use these weighted balls (which she sells) for the arm work but I used my 2lb hand weights and got along just fine. I wasn't sure that I'd be all that coordinated as it's been a while since I've done an exercise tape but I kept up pretty much all the way through.

When I finished the cool down, I grabbed a bottle of water and hopped on my bike. I did my usual 20 minute program on that and got in about 4.33 miles. I'm so happy with myself for doing both things this morning. I feel great. I wasn't sure that I would but I do. I have a tonne more energy than I normally have and I've been almost running up and down the stairs all morning (well, walking as quickly as my sandals will allow!). I'm really feeling so much better lately. The more distance I put between myself and that end of April / beginning of May pig-out, the better I feel.

I'm really getting excited again about the progress I'm making. A really funny thing happened this morning actually, speaking of "progress." Today I wore this sun dress to work that I've had for a while (and it's really getting big on me!). When I stood up from my desk, my slip fell down around my ankles and I nearly tripped over it. I didn't know what was happening until I looked down at my feet. It was pretty hilarious! Fortunately, it happened right here and not while I was running up the stairs, I'd have probably wiped out and killed myself! I must say though, I really don't mind when stuff like that happens!!

No comments: