Friday, August 29, 2003

As each day passes, I realize more and more, how much the supplements I had been taking were messing me up. My periods were particularly fucked up. I had them regularly until July. My period (I thought) started about 4 days early, this was really odd for me, I'm never early and almost always a couple of days late. It didn't really start though, if you know what I mean, it was just dribs and drabs (if you're easily icked out, I apologize). This went on for about four weeks (yeah, you're thinking, "get thy butt to the doctors" -- I have my monthly appointment with her next week and was planning on chatting about it then). Once I stopped taking the vitamins, not only did the stomach trouble end, my spotting stopped too. What this meant though, was that I never had a "proper" period during July. There were several false starts and stops and a couple of weeks ago, I'd actually thought it was over (and had posted as much here) but it wasn't.

Fast forward to Tuesday, this week. My period began, again, in earnest! Now I know why I was so grouchy on Tuesday! This almost might be part of the reason my back got messed up (although the two aren't usually connected). The result is that I'm now having one of the heaviest periods I remember having in a long long time and, at the moment, I feel like a soggy dish cloth. I'm not upset about this though, I'm so relieved to be back on track. I'm going to take the bottles of supplements to the doctor when I see her. Funny how things which are supposed to be good for you can conspire with your body chemistry and make you miserable, isn't it?

I did workout this morning though (yay, 5 mornings in a row this week!) and I've been working hard to get my 2 litres of water down while I'm at work each day. It's good to be feeling "normal-ish" again and back in control. It's been a really weird 8 weeks or so for me. I'm glad that it seems to be behind me now!

No comments: