Saturday, August 30, 2003

Happy Labour Day weekend everyone!

I'm working tomorrow but so far, today has been a really nice day off. I spent the morning puttering around the house. I haven't worked out yet but I plan to do something fitness related later on this evening. I'm feeling a lot better today than I did yesterday. It feels good (really) to be having a normal period again. I know that when it's over in a couple of days, I'm going to feel just fantastic.

I stayed in the house all morning to avoid the chaos in town which has been caused by Princess Anne's visit to our fair city. She's here for a day or something. I think it's to do with something at CFB Kingston or the Royal Military College. Whatever it is, it's just adding to traffic which is already congested by students moving back into town. One thing that I'm certain of is that several thousand dollars will be spent on security and other stuff for this visit. I just wish that she was touring the whole town. Back in '91 when Charles and Diana were here, they re-paved half of the streets in town in anticipation of their royal tour of the Limestone City.


My copy of Chunk to Hunk arrived today. It seems odd to have it in my hands after reading about it for so many months. It must seem quite bizarre to Fred and Robyn to have boxes of them in the house. It looks so good, I'm going to start into it this weekend. I haven't been reading much this weekend but this morning I read a good sized chunk of Good In Bed. I'd picked a copy up on eBay a few months ago but hadn't really spent any time with it. I'm really enjoying it so far, it's funny and insightful and the pages just fly by.

I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. Because we've been eating out all week, I really didn't want to step on the scale at all. Eventually, I did and was happy to see that I was down a pound. I really wasn't expecting to be down at all. We were just so brain dead from work and stuff all week that we got into this bad spiral of restaurant dining. That's ended now though. If we do out at all over the next week, it'll be when we take the little old shopping and then, it's Swiss Chalet or nothing at all!

One very cool thing that's been happening lately is that I'm getting full really quickly at meals now. That has never happened to me, in my entire life. I actually stop eating when I'm full now too. If I get hungry a little later on, I'll grab a piece of fruit or something but that doesn't happen too often. Frequent, small meals are working for me now. I never thought that my body would figure this out but it seems that it has! Yay!!

No comments: