Friday, August 15, 2003

Yay! The power is back on.

It came back on at 10:50 p.m. here. From a dead sleep, I heard our computer come on (our UPS had shut it down and I totally forgot to manually turn it off like I had done with everything else). I reset my alarm clock but I didn't turn the a/c on.

Last night, during the blackout, we were pretty bored, just listening to the CBC to find out what had happened and it would have been really easy to pig out on crap. Fortunately, we didn't have any so we had tuna salad stuffed in yellow peppers with leaf lettuce for dinner. It was good and filling. We didn't want to barbecue last night in case the power was off again today and we'd had to been cooking everything that way today.

I'm prett surprised that I slept through an entire night without air conditioning, I'm such a spoiled baby! The one thing I did turn back on last night was our ceiling fan. Anyway, I'm off to workout, just wanted to let you all know (for those of you with power anyway!) that we're okay! Hope you're all well and safe too!!

No comments: