Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Today, I returned to work. I even worked out this morning. My back is still tender though so I modified things a bit to avoid any unnecessary stress. I had rode the bike last night after dinner and felt good afterwards. My the end of day, my back was really sore from sitting at my desk but I know that the exercise did more good than harm so that's a good thing.

My eating has been okay over the past couple of days even though we have been running low on groceries. Tonight, I thought we were going to have to go the grocery store but we nicely avoided it. We were both so exhausted and overheated from the return of the humidity that we couldn't face shopping or cooking. We don't have a lot of "dinner" stuff in the house (we have lots of lunch stuff) and didn't feel up to doing the shop and then cooking so we went out to eat. We stopped off at EastSide's on the way home. It was pretty good, had salad and some pasta and a big frosty diet coke with lime. I felt like a bit of a wet noodle when we got there but my demeanor improved after we ate.

For some reason, I felt hungry all day. Hungry and grouchy because of my back. Something happens when my back is doing this, my stomach becomes a seemingly bottomless pit. Fortunately, I don't stock pile food at work so I just ate what I had with me for lunch and snacks. The humidity came back, quickly, this afternoon. By the time I left the office, the humidity was at 71% in our room. That's so gross. Hopefully we'll get a big rain storm tonight and the air will be clear tomorrow. I'd also like not to be hungry and grouchy tomorrow. That would be pretty neat. I really want my back to be better tomorrow, this is getting tired and it's part of what is making me grouchy. I don't want the grouchy to turn into "graze-y" and find me eating anything that isn't nailed down. That won't be good for anyone!

No comments: