Saturday, August 09, 2003

My hand is burning / cold. My hunny has injured his arm/shoulder somehow and I put some of that Icy / Hot stuff on him. I've washed and washed my hands but they are still tingling and cold from the stuff. I think it works though, he's starting to feel a bit better.

I have to admit, I'm feeling fabulous today. I had a terrific week, excellent eating, lots of exercise, positive doctor's appointment. Everything's going well for me. My period is finally over too. I've had a really weird cycle just recently. I wrote about it last week, how it started early but didn't really start, it just sort of was there, enough to annoy me...It lasted for almost 2 week but it's finally stopped. It happens when I'm under a lot of stress. Same with the back thing. Emotional eating, same thing. Stress. We've been dealing with some family stuff just recently that's been causing us both more than the normal amount of stress. Also, I know that when the weather is messed up, like it is now, that throws me into a tailspin, or can anyway.

This past week though, I kept on plan, totally. Fortunately for me, over the past three weeks, I didn't go and gain a shitload of weight back. I was really scared about this happening. I mean, it could have happened so easily but I guess the exercise helped me to keep that from happening. I gave up on weekly measuring on July 26. I decided that I'd just "measure up" every four weeks. I'm still weighing in though, every Saturday. Today's weigh-in was amazing, I checked it three times to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. I'm down 8 pounds this week!! That makes 12 pounds in 3 weeks and puts me at 62 pounds lost overall. I know that my messed up period was really throwing my water retention for a loop but 8 pounds!?! That's almost crazy but I'll take it, like I said, I did check it 3 times, in different parts of the room. The scale was definitely on my side today!

I know it's not just the scale lying to me either. I feel thinner. Back in June, I had to go out and buy a bunch of underwear because my old stuff was all way too big. Now, the smaller stuff I bought in June is getting too big for me. It's a great feeling! I know that in October, when I pull my sweaters out, a lot of my fall/winter stuff is going to be miles too big for me. I'm not upset about this in the least, I feel so happy today. I also feel strong and healthy. 8 pounds?!? I'm still scratchin' my head!

No comments: