Monday, August 25, 2003

I'm home from work today. I've spent the best part of the day on the heating pad and feel the better for it. I'm sure that I'll be back to work tomorrow. I did my modified arm exercises this morning though, in my chair (with the heating pad on!). It wasn't the same as I normally do because there were certain movements I couldn't do. The ones I could do though, I did with more reps. If I'm feeling better tonight after dinner, I may have a mini-ride on my bike during Canadian Idol. All in all, back pain aside, I'm having a good day. Eating has been good and I'm still feeling a bit of a buzz from my weigh-in this past weekend. Speaking of weighing-in, here is today's Progress Prompt:

How often do you weigh? Does the number on the scale matter? Why or why not? Do you have any other methods of measuring your weight loss?

"Officially," I weigh every Saturday morning. I will admit to taking a peek at the scale between official weigh-ins but the Saturday morning number is the one that I record.

The number on the scale does matter but I'm not obsessed by it. I'm always very happy to see it go down. If week goes by without a scale loss though, I'm usually content because (save for a couple of bad weigh-ins early in the spring) it usually maintains. I know when I'm having a "bad" week and if I can get through a bad week without a gain, I'm happy.

I don't rely completely on the scale though, I use a measuring tape, once a month, to monitor my progress. I've also measured my successes in the way my clothe fit, the way my stamina has improved or how long my workouts last. I'm not a slave to my scale, it's simply one of many ways I measure myself up!

No comments: