Monday, August 11, 2003

I'm feeling really good today.

I've been saying that a lot lately (happily!) and it's true! My eating is going super duper today so far and that makes me really happy. I had a terrific workout this morning. I've been pushing myself a little harder the past few days and have been really sweating up a storm. Exercising early in the morning, in an air conditioned room, is my saving grace. If I had to exercise outside right now, or some place that wasn't cool, I know that I wouldn't be doing it. I get my workout done and over with before I've stuck my nose outside. The air quality is really poor right now due to the humidity and heat. Hopefully, it'll blow out later on in the week. I'd love to do some serious walking this week but I know that my allergies would not let me go too far in this weather!

Monday's Progress Prompt:
Do you eat breakfast? What do you usually have for breakfast? People are always saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Is it vital to your weight loss program? Why or why not?


Yes, I eat breakfast, every day. Monday through Friday, I generally eat the same thing. I have a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice, Special K cereal with calcium enriched organic soy milk and either strawberries or banana slices. I eat about 15 minutes after I work out in the mornings. On the weekends, my exercise schedule varies and so does what I eat. I have found that eating a well-balanced breakfast is very important for my program. Prior to starting this program, I would have a bagel with peanut butter on it, when I got to work. Now, eating before I leave the house, I eat a better meal. It's got a lot less calories a lot higher nutritional value than what I would eat in the past. Also, the breakfast is a reward for working out, sort of. I don't eat until after I exercise so, if I wake up hungry, it's a good motivation to get to my workout and get it over with so I can have breakfast!!

No comments: