Thursday, August 28, 2003

Sometimes, Blogger bites. I had this whole post written and just lost it. It wasn't a long or particularly interesting post but it's gone now. This hasn't happened in a while but I've noticed that the net has been really wonky all week. I'm not sure what is going on but I know that I don't like it much.

Anyway, suffice to say that the post was about food and exercise. Well duh, huh? Aren't they all? So far, this week, I've worked out every day, even when my back was bothering me. Fortunately, it's feeling a lot better and I think it's because I worked out every day, except Saturday when I was in a really bad way -- and hey, it's my break day anyway. I can feel myself getting a little stronger every week. I'm hoping that eventually I won't get this stress-related muscle spasm thing at all. Since January, the few times it has happened, each time is a little less horrible than the time before. I'm looking forward to putting it all behind me, for good.

Eating has been just okay this week. Because we're both so busy at work right now and because it's been hot and humid (yeah, lame excuses, I know!), we've been dining out a lot so far. Like the past three nights.... Oh well, I've been trying to make sensible choices so I hope it won't result in a horrible weigh-in on Saturday. We're actually going to do a small shop and cook at home tonight. That should help us to get back on track. I find that keeping the calories under control when we eat out isn't the hard part, it's controlling the fat content. My total calories are usually okay but the fat percentage can really creep up there.

Hopefully, drinking huge amounts of water the next day will keep it balanced out. Here's hoping anyway!

No comments: