Sunday, August 17, 2003

I had the best sleep last night. I don't think that I even moved and, for the first time in a long time, I slept the whole night through. The weather has suddenly gotten a lot nicer here and I'm sure that is why I had a good night. Oh, that and the fact that I hadn't slept at all on Friday night!

Yesterday was my break day. We went out for a nice dinner last night, I had an entree and salad and bread but didn't go too nuts. I was only about 50 calories over what I normally eat in a day. I had had a late breakfast / early lunch so I was able to save up some extra calories for our meal out. It was really yummy.

When we got home from dinner, I realized that I hadn't exercised yet. I let my meal digest a bit and then I worked out. I had a great ride on my bike, almost 7 miles. I was sweating up a storm and really felt great afterwards. I had a good upper body workout too. I can feel my biceps getting bigger but I have to work hard to try get rid of that granny-arm situation I have going on.

Today we're having the little old guy over for lunch. We had originally planned to have him for dinner but we decided that it was better for all of us to have it at mid-day. The past couple of weeks, we've been doing that, having our big Sunday meal at lunchtime. I find that it digests better for me and I tend not to eat as much.

It should be good, I can smell the tomato sauce simmering downstairs right now. I actually did some housework yesterday, I know that we're supposed to be conserving energy but I had to vacuum and do laundry. I did wait until late to do the wash and I didn't run the dryer as much I normally do. I didn't get into the garden yesterday due to the heat, I may get out there this morning, we'll see. I may decide to do nothing. It feels like it might be that kind of Sunday!

No comments: