Friday, August 08, 2003

Hope you're all having a Happy Friday!

I don't have a whole lot to report today. There isn't much going on that is overly strange or different today. I guess that's why this week is going SO well as far as food and exercise goes. I'm feeling great today, really strong and full of energy.

My eating has been fabulous. The past few days have been on plan and I've exercised every morning. This morning, I did not exercise for as long as I usually do but there is a good reason. Last night, after dinner, we decided to tackle our lawn. During Summer '02, our lawn was basically dead. Once the heatwave began at the end of June, it was basically brown until October. The nice thing about a dead lawn is that it requires almost no care (you do have to trim the weeds once in a while). This summer has been steamy and rainy and the grass is growing at a super speedy rate. Our lawn has needed a trim for the past week or so but every time we were actually home, it would rain. I know this sounds unbelievable but it's true. We decided to try to get it done after dinner last night, once the sun started going down.

I did the front lawn and about a third of the back and the weed whacking. While I was doing it, I was sweating and working but I wasn't getting winded and just kept going. It was a great workout and I felt so good about getting the lawn trimmed up, it was looking really scary. After I stopped and went into the house, I nearly died. Walking into the A/C I realized how hot it was, the humidex was 31 degrees. Yikes! I grabbed a shower and drank a bunch of water but when I lay down to sleep, I was experiencing Charley horse like spasms in my legs. I know it's from the heat because this doesn't usually happen.

Once I got to sleep, I slept like the dead. I woke up at my normal time this morning but fell back to sleep. Not good. It was quite late when I got up and I thought about skipping my workout entirely. I made the bed, made my lunch, got my breakfast stuff together, put coffee on...All the time thinking "I'll do it tonight." Instead, I hopped on the bike and rode for a couple of miles and then did some weights before breakfast. I felt so good afterwards. I'm so glad that I didn't let myself wait until tonight. Depending on where the evening goes, I may ride again tonight, we'll see.

I definitely feel like the scale will reward me tomorrow for my efforts this week, I hope so anyway. I'm not a person who gets hung up on the numbers too much but I do want to see a downward motion on that needle tomorrow morning. I'll let ya know how it goes!

No comments: