Tuesday, August 12, 2003

My neck is stiff.

I'm not sure what I did to it but the left side of my neck, well really from mid-shoulder to my neck really, is sore and it's making it difficult for me to turn my head quickly. It started suddenly last night, right after dinner. I hadn't been doing anything too strenuous and/or weird at the time. One moment it was fine, the next I was sore.

During Canadian Idol, I sat with the heating pad on my shoulder and that helped to loosen things up but it kept waking me up through the night. I slept in a little bit and felt okay enough to workout. I did modify some of my movement slightly though. After lunch today, it started feeling tight again. Hopefully more heating pad tonight will help and it'll be better tomorrow.

Today I ate lunch out. One of our volunteers wanted to take us out for a thank you lunch and it was really nice. We went to a French bistro and I'd been able to check their menu out online before we went. Given the type of cuisine it is, they serve a lot of cheese and heavy cream stuff. I ordered a smoked salmon sandwich with greens. The greens were fabulous and I didn't eat all of the bread so it wasn't too bad on the calories. The salmon was delicious as were the cucumber and tomato in the sandwich. The bread was beautiful and super fresh and I enjoyed what I had but didn't feel bad about not eating what I left behind. When I got back to the office and figured it out, it wasn't too high in calories. I didn't have any wine or an appetizer (I didn't even touch the bread basket before our meals arrived!!) and feel good about that. I'm finding that I fill up really quickly now. This makes me so happy!! I've always been a "cleans her plate" kind of girl but fortunately, I'm becoming an "eats only 'til she's had enough" kind of girl.

Other than the stiff neck thing, I'm feeling great today. The eating is totally good and I've worked out every day for the past 10 days now. I even did it on my "break" day. I feel so good about that. I'm going to try to do something everyday, even if I'm not feeling great and it means that I only do 10 minutes of something. If I can keep my body moving, it helps me to keep my eating on plan and that will (hopefully) show results on the scale on Saturdays!

I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner but I know that we'll be eating at home so it'll be healthy and low-cal! That's the best thing about eating at home, the control!

Hope you're all having a happy, on plan day today!

No comments: