Saturday, August 16, 2003

So much for long peaceful sleep...I was up most of the night last night. It's my own fault though, really.

Yesterday, when we went for lunch, I had a few onion rings. About 1 a.m. this morning, my stomach woke me up to tell me that the onion rings were NOT a good idea. I should have known better. Really, but I'm stoopid. I got up, took one of my Ovol gas pills and waited. I waited and waited and then I waited some more. I fell asleep for maybe a couple of minutes but I couldn't get comfortable. When this happens, it always feels better to sit up. Finally, at around 3:30 a.m., I got up and turned the computer on. I read mail and news and stuff until about 5:15 a.m. and then got back into bed. I was finally starting to feel better and was able to sleep for a couple of hours, thankfully. I feel better now, a little groggy but okay. When I get these gas attacks, it feels like my ribs are going to explode. They only happen when I eat crap. I should not have had the onion rings. They were crap, and I paid for it, dearly!

On the bright side, I had my "official" Saturday weigh-in this morning. I'm extremely happy to report that I'm down another 3 pounds this week. I've now lost 65 pounds since January 6. My mum keeps saying, "that's X # of bags of potatoes" to me. When I think about it like that, 6.5 10 pound bags...That's alotta taters!

I'm so happy about the losses the past couple of weeks. It'll keep me motivated to stay on track all weekend. I find that they weekends are toughest for me. We're having our little old guy over dinner tonight (I think -- might be tomorrow) and we're having fresh pasta with jumbo shrimp. I haven't had fresh pasta in ages and am looking forward to the treat but I'll make sure that I don't go overboard. For dessert we bought a beautiful fresh pineapple so we're not going totally decadent for the meal. It should be delicious though. My hunny is an amazing chef (really -- he's a classically trained French chef) so everything he makes is always wonderful.

Hope you're having a good weekend so far. Stay cool if you can. It was in the high 90's here the past couple of days and I think it's supposed to keep it up through the weekend! Yikes!

No comments: