Monday, August 18, 2003

So I'm not at work again today.

I got up and worked out and got ready for work. Just as I was getting ready to leave, my boss phoned to tell me that we were closed again today. I hopped in the car and went out to see my folks and have coffee. I was out there shortly after 8 and stayed about an hour. We had a nice visit but I cut it short so I could get to the grocery store. I wasn't sure if they would even have anything there. When we'd gone to Loblaws on Friday afternoon, the shelves were almost bare. When I walked into No Frills, I was surprised (pleasantly) to see a full stocked, beautiful produce counter. They must have just finished filling the shelves. I stocked up on fruits and lots of veggies so we're set for the next few days. Now that the humidity has broken, we will be barbecuing a fair bit. I can eat grilled veggies until they are coming out of my ears. Yum!

Not sure what I'm doing with the rest of the day. I may go for a walk or just putter around the house. This unplanned, four-day weekend is going really well so far. I can't believe how much stuff I've been able to get done around the house (not to mention, I got groceries too!).

Today's Progress Prompt:

List 3 likes and 3 dislikes about losing weight.

Likes:

1. That my overall health has improved. I'm stronger and happier and my doctor is really pleased with my progress and the results of the tests I had recently.
2. That I have more energy than I used to. I never realized how slow moving I had become until I started losing weight and began to move more.
3. That I'll be able to buy new clothes, in smaller sizes. This means that I'll have a larger variety of clothes to choose from too.

Dislikes (these aren't bad at all, really. In fact they are positive things when you really think about it):

1. That it took me so long to figure this out.
2. That I get sick when I have a "treat" (aka junk food while on a break day).
3. That I'll have to spend a small fortune on a new wardrobe once I get to goal.

No comments: