Monday, April 28, 2003

I had my first workout in four days this afternoon. It went pretty good although I was moving sort of slow. It felt good but I know that I was working a bit harder than I normally would. I also felt a little draggy all morning. I think it was a mild food hangover from the weekend.

This week's Progress Prompt is sort of interesting:

What comments have you gotten from romantic partners/spouses about your body size? How did you respond? And how did their attitude affect your relationship?

I've only ever had positive comments from past lovers about my body size. Obviously, they knew when they met me what I looked like and it has never been an issue with anyone I've been in a relationship with. If they hadn't had a positive attitude about my body size, we wouldn't have been together.

My partner and I are both large sized folks and we were that way when we met. For the first three years of our relationship, we just ate and drank and were merry. The end result of this was that we both gained a significant amount of weight and started on this fitness / health program together in January. At the moment, we're both about the same size we were when we met and we're still losing / shrinking. We're both very supportive of one another and love each other's bodies regardless of how large or how small they may be. We both have very healthy attitudes toward our bodies. As you know, if you read my blog regularly, we're losing weight and getting fit to improve our health. The focus is not on clothes sizes (although is is nicer to be fitting into stuff that is smaller and smaller) but on longevity and improved overall health.

No comments: