Friday, April 11, 2003

I'm still having a tough time getting up in the mornings but I did it this morning.

I managed to get up at 5:15 and scoot downstairs for a session on the bike. I did 4 miles and then 20 minutes of stretching weight work. I thought that I might have been tired after my late-afternoon session yesterday but I wasn't, I felt great. Carrie asked me how I'm keeping motivated and consistent with my workouts. I'll not say that it has been easy. When I first started, it was a real struggle but I knew that it was something that I needed to do if I was going to lose the weight and start feeling better. Now, 3 months along, I keep at it because I like the changes I'm seeing and feeling in my body. Of course, there are days that I don't want to do it but I'm always glad I did it after it's over. I also find that those days are fewer and further between lately. I have a long way to go to reach my goal and I know that the only way to get there is to keep at the workouts. Some days, I actually enjoy them too! I never thought that I would be able to say that but then I never thought that I'd be exercising every day....and yet, I am. I just try to keep focused on my goal and that keeps me on program.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: