Tuesday, April 01, 2003

My search for real baby carrots is fruitless lately. I got a beautiful carton of cherry tomatoes though and I had a few with my lunch today. They totally taste like summer and it was a nice switch from carrots (although I still had a few of the old ones).

I'm still dragging my butt a bit today but I did get up early this morning and work out before work. I thought that it would be really brutal after my unscheduled break but it wasn't too bad at all. I felt really good about it after it was over. I really prefer to do it first thing in the morning. When I do get to it early, it's done and I can enjoy my day. I do enjoy my day more when I've worked out in the morning too. Later on this month when we go out of town for our friend's wedding, we'll be staying at this really nice place in Toronto where we usually stay. I'm really looking forward to using the gym while we're there. Ordinarily, we just use the pool and sauna but I plan on taking my workout gear and trying out the gym while we're there. I think this will be a good way for me to figure out which machines I like (besides my recumbent bike -- which I love!).

Foodwise, yesterday I was totally on plan. We ate out after groceries last night (this is our usual thing because we're both too bagged to want to deal with cooking after working all day and grocery shopping) at the Chinese buffet place and I kept things totally under control. What I love about this particular place is the great veggies that they have. They have a lot of variety and everything is really fresh and crunchy and not over salted (unlike many places). Today is going well so far. Really low fat today and with my workout this morning, things are moving along nicely. My mini-goal (ie for the rest of today) is to get my water intake up. I've been neglecting that a bit since we moved offices but again, like everything else in my routine that has been spun topsy-turvy, I'm getting my "house" back in order, one thing at a time!

No comments: