Monday, April 21, 2003

The past couple of days are a bit of a blur. The weekend just flew by and the weather was wonderful.

Yesterday I worked out in the morning. I really like the way my arms are feeling these days. The weights are starting to do their business. Foodwise, yesterday was amazing. We made sushi rolls to take to my Aunt's for Easter Dinner. We set up a little assembly line for rolling, we had pickled bamboo, radish, braised cabbage, red and green sweet pepper, carrot, coriander, fried tofu, smoked salmon, red caviar and shrimp so there was quite a variety of flavours in the rolls. They were a bit hit at the party and we had a lot of fun making them.

I actually had one of the lowest calorie days I've had in a while. I had my regular breakfast and then a few pieces of sushi while we worked. When we got to my Aunt's, I stayed away from the appetizers and during dinner, avoided the potatoes, dressing and bread. I stuck to turkey and veggies and a slice of ham. I did have some yummy dip with raw veggies too. Our family is famous for desserts but I didn't have any. There were 4 or 5 fresh lemon pies, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate fudge, some kind of chocolate bark/candy, a chocolate pudding cake (with cool whip, not sure what else was in it but it looked great) and there was a white cake with jello in it (from the jello cookbook). Desserts are a big weakness for me so I figured I was safest if I just avoided them completely. I was sure that if I had one piece of something it would be game over.

I was really glad that I did too because I didn't have the "look" that everyone had when dinner was over. I wasn't moaning and groaning about over eating (and subsequently loosening my pants). I did officially get my period yesterday though (finally) so I didn't workout this morning. I'm glad that it finally started because this way it should be done by the time we get to Toronto at the end of the week.

All in all, the weekend was great, foodwise and exercise wise. I'm not feeling guilty about the A&W fiasco and I'm relieved that my period has started. My body is cooperating fully with me this morning. I mean, I was really tired and totally slept in this morning (thus causing me to miss my morning session on the bike) but I plan to do it this afternoon when I'm feeling better. I'm pretty crampy at the moment (thank goodness for Aleve huh?) but it never lasts longer than a few hours.

Hope you all have a happy Easter Monday!

No comments: