Friday, April 18, 2003

I think I have recovered from last night. I don't know why I felt so awful when it was over. I think it scared me. I was frightened that I wouldn't have the self control to get back on track the next day. The funny thing about it was that as soon as I got home, I jumped onto fitday and figured out how many calories it was. Make no mistake, I was totally over what I should have had yesterday but it was just one day. I had also really moved my butt a lot yesterday so I had burned a number of calories to start with. As the lovely ladies of the WB told me though, don't sweat it, enjoy it when it happens and get back at it right away. I think one of the other reasons it scared me was that I did it as if on auto-pilot and when it was over, I was full, but not satisfied. I can't honestly say that I enjoyed it all that much. The best part of it for me was the diet root beer.

Today was much better calorie-wise. We had our big meal at lunchtime and just a small bite in the early evening. We actually worked through breakfast. I'm pretty pleased with what we accomplished today. We worked a little more on our computer room / office and got an area rug put in and everything cleaned out. I threw a tonne more of crap out and have some other stuff for goodwill. Some really nice luggage and an almost new electric blanket. I also found my old 35 mm camera which went missing the day we moved in to this house in October 2000. I realized today that the closet in our office had been untouched since that day. I had just shoved a bunch of stuff in there and forgot about it. I was so happy to find it because there are some pictures on the film in the camera of a friend's visit from Australia.

Rather late in the day I got in an amazing workout. The more work I do with weights, the better I like it. I really noticed a difference in my upper body strength today when we were moving furniture around. I feel strong now, stronger than I remember ever feeling. That feeling keeps me going every day. That feeling is also going to keep me away from A&W. I can't imagine that I'll be having another teen burger experience again anytime soon!

No comments: