Thursday, April 17, 2003

Today was super duper!! I didn't get to workout this morning because we had to do some vehicle shuffling in the early hours so that I could take the car for an oil change. I finished work at 1 p.m., picked the car up and met my hunny for lunch. It was such a nice treat. I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands but I took some time out to do some shopping for myself. It's been years since I've bought any shoes other than Doc Martens or sneakers. This afternoon I went to Payless and bought myself two very funky pairs of shoes. Now that my feet are back to a normal size, I felt really comfortable trying on less "sturdy" shoes. I got a pair of really cute mary janes and a gorgeous pair of dress shoes, black, with a chunky heel. I actually tried on some glittery, silver sandals but didn't get them (totally impractical purchase at the moment - maybe later in the summer). It felt really good to be buying something fun for myself for a change.

Next weekend, we're heading to Toronto for a wedding. I had a set a goal for myself to get into a certain little black dress so that I could wear it to the wedding. I tried it on tonight and it fits!! Unfortunately, it's a little shorter than I remember it being so I don't think I'm going to wear it. I did find a beautiful pair of practically new really fancy dressy pants that I only wore once or twice before I "outgrew" them, they fit like a dream, actually, they are a little baggy now. Also, a pant suit that I haven't worn in about 18 months fits amazingly well now too. The top is probably too big on me, truth be told.

All in all, it was a wonderful trek through my closet, I'm really looking forward to the temperature warming up so I get trying on all my spring and summer stuff. It's been years since I could actually say I was looking forward to trying that stuff on!! Also, I had a terrific workout this afternoon, really hot and sweaty! I really worked my upper body with my weights, I'm really getting into that now and can feel my arms getting stronger and firmer. It's true what they say about the more you exercise the more you need it. It's sometimes a drag to get myself moving in the early mornings but I have to say that I really miss it when I don't do it. My April self-challenge continues and I've yet to miss a day this month!!

No comments: