Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Today seems to be sailing along smoothly so far.

Last night we intended to go for groceries and ended up eating out instead. We debated about which grocery store to go to and ended up driving to Napanee (about 20 minutes west of here - yes, the hometown of that girl who wears ties a la Diane Keaton in Annie Hall). We live near the 401 so zipping up there is no big deal and they have a nice grocery store we like. They also have gas for almost ten cents a liter cheaper there than here in Kingston (this began a couple of years ago when the Flying J Travel Plaza opened - now all the local businesses keep their gas at the same price to remain competitive). While we were at the Flying J, we decided to go in for dinner and then do groceries. You know the rest of the story, once we had eaten dinner, we didn't feel like shopping. We just filled our tank with cheap gas and headed home.

The nice thing about the J is that they have a beautiful buffet with a nice salad bar. I can always find sensible food there and stayed totally on plan. I even treated myself to a diet cola (with caffeine). Of course, this now means that we have to go for groceries tonight (although, we have stuff at home right now for dinner so we could technically put it off for one more day). Why is shopping such a chore? Maybe because we do ours and we do shopping for our little old guy. I did notice, the other night while we were shopping for him, that I was bopping around the store. My stride in my walk as increased and I don't get pooped when I'm shopping. For the couple of months leading up to our lifestyle change, I would get easily tired from shopping. I still don't like but at least it doesn't wear me out anymore.

I have to say that I'm really missing the Weigh-Better board. It's been a couple of days now that it's been out of commission and I'm starting to get the shakes. I usually post my workouts there but not being able to post hasn't made me fall off the wagon or anything. I was up with the birds again this morning and did my short program, 4.25 miles recumbent bike, 15 minutes stretching and weights. I'm getting stronger every day!

No comments: