Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Tuesday already, the week (for me anyway) is half over now. The rest of the week will be pretty busy. We have to take our little old guy shopping tonight and then tomorrow night I'll be doing laundry and getting stuff ready for our trip to SARS town. I'm really looking forward to the wedding on Friday night. It's been ages since I've gone to a wedding that I actually wanted to be at. I still haven't decided which outfit I'm wearing but it's nice to know that I'll have choices. I wore my new Mary Jane's on Sunday and they were super comfy so I'm good for the wedding in them. I was a little nervous because it had been so long since I'd worn anything that was a sneaker or made by Doc Marten!

Yesterday was a kick-ass calorie day. We had leftover sushi and some stir fry for dinner. We got some spinach flavoured rice noodles at the Asian market on the weekend and they were so yummy. I didn't do so great as far as exercise goes yesterday but I did get in a 2 mile ride after work. I was really dragging my ass around due to TOM and didn't feel up to doing any more than that. This morning though, I was right back on track and did my regular "short" program on the bike plus some weights.

This weekend we'll be taking a bit of a break from our regular food routine. We plan to go to Chinatown for dim sum and to hit a couple of favourite restaurants while we're in TO. One nice thing about going in while Passover is finishing up is that we won't be tempted by our favourite bagel place on Bathurst Street (Gryfes, yum!). I must say that as addicted as I was to bread, it's not something that I find myself missing these days (and the rugelach I made for my little old guy with my Christmas baking I liked better than Gryfes anyway!).

I still plan on keeping track of what I eat but I won't be worried or bothered if I go over any day because this is a special mini-holiday break that we're taking and we deserve it!

No comments: