Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I'm not sure where the day is going. I am extra busy this week trying to get stuff done after the long weekend and in preparation for being away for 2.5 days. It's also year-end around here so there are lots of little things that need doing before I go.

Had another good good food day yesterday. We took our little old guy shopping last night and we picked up a few odds and ends that we needed. He wanted to go out for dinner so we went to Swiss Chalet (his favourite) but ended up walking out. The hostess seated us quickly enough but our waitress completely ignored us, for 10 minutes. The dining room was mostly empty and she didn't even pop by to say "hey, I'm busy but I'll be back to take your drink order" or anything. It was weird, she's waited on us before and is a little bizarre, too long on the job I think. When we got up and put our coats on and walked toward the door, I could see her just scowling at us. I don't think we'll go back to that particular Swiss Chalet again. It was a bit of a surprise because the service is usually excellent, last night was terrible. We ended up at the Chinese Buffet for dinner and I had a great meal, no gas attacks from msg or fibre or whatever and it was quite low in calories. I like this particular place because they have a lot of really excellent choices, lots of veggies, nice steamed rice, lean meat. It's a good spot if you're watching your intake.

This morning, I was feeling really crappy when I got up. I did a couple of loads of laundry and did 2 miles on the bike but I couldn't finish my normal circuit on it. I did do a lot of stretching though, trying to get rid of my cramps. It did help a lot and by the time I got out of the shower I felt a lot better. I'm pretty happy about the 2 loads of laundry too, now I don't have too much to do tonight when we get home. I can't believe that we're leaving tomorrow afternoon already, I'm getting really excited. I know that it's only Toronto and that we go all the time but it's the 3-day break away from home that I'm most looking forward to. No errands, no phone calls, just visiting with our friends and chilling out. Yay!!

No comments: