Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Wednesday's here again, already. This week's Wednesday Weigh-in topic is "In Need of Comfort."

1. Do you eat for comfort sometimes?

Yes. In the past I did this frequently. It's been an issue that I have struggled to overcome since my lifestyle change began on January 6, 2003.

2. What triggers comfort eating for you?

One word: Stress. We had a big, blow-out, "Free" meal on Friday night and that was just a release after the stress we had experienced while my father-in-law was in hospital. Prior to January 6, just about any remotely stressful situation would send me into eating mode. And, of course, it would be cookies or chocolate or chips or some such crappy junk food thing.

3. What is your usual comfort food?

In the past, it was the 3 "c's" that I listed above (sometimes on their own, sometimes all together for the ultimate bad impact on my body). Now, if I feel that I need something comforting, I'll have a nice cup of tea, bowl of soup, or some popcorn. I learned, the hard way, on the weekend that the indulgence isn't worth the aftermath. I did not enjoy our free meal enough to tolerate the food hangover I had on Saturday. I'm finding other things to comfort me or help me with my stress. Recently, I have found that exercise is a good way for me to work out my stress. It feels a lot better than mowing through a bag of chips, any day of the week!

No comments: