Thursday, July 03, 2003

Finally, a perfectly, on-plan day. As long as I don't eat anything else today I'm fine.

I stayed super-busy all day, which I hadn't planned on but it turned out to be okay. I sorted out our bathroom cupboards and this huge bin of old video tapes today. I created four bags of garbage, which I don't feel great about, but the clutter is disappearing. Because I was so busy though, I worked straight through breakfast. I had a terrific lunch, some salad greens, a red pepper, a tomato and some chicken. I really like the Renee's light salad dressings and bought some of her Caesar Vinaigrette to try. It's delicious. It's a little high as far calories go, 48 per tablespoon, but it's so tasty, you don't need much. I had my tossed salad with a small, whole wheat tortilla, yum-yum!

This afternoon, once my projects were completed, I worked out. It felt great. I did 4.39 miles on my recumbent bike and 20 minutes of weight work. It doesn't sound like much but it was a good 40 minutes for me and I'm so happy that I did it. I never thought that I would become the kind of person who misses exercise but I've realized that it's happened. Odd huh?

Late this afternoon, I took our little-old-guy shopping for his groceries. He wanted to take us for dinner afterwards and we ended up at our favourite Chinese buffet place. We had an amazing dinner. Tonight they had a huge variety (better than normal) of really fresh veggies so I really loaded up on them. I even had some orange jello and cantaloupe for dessert. It was a great meal and within my caloric range.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do my workout earlier in the day and do my errands afterwards. I can't believe that my two weeks off are almost over. I'm really very happy about all of the work we've been able to accomplish around the house. It looks really good (even though we still have a few things to finish up on the rooms we painted) and I'm loving my new living room furniture. This is the first time in my life that I've owned brand new living furniture. I'm 36 so this has been a long time coming. I must say that putting the money and time into the house these past couple of weeks is way better than going away would have been. For the rest of the summer, I'll be able to relax and really enjoy my evenings and weekends because the bulk of the work that needed doing this year is done. Yay us!

No comments: