Saturday, July 19, 2003

Today was a break day. I didn't workout, I've been doing that recently, taking Saturdays off. I did very little today and enjoyed it a lot. I watched a couple of bad movies on cable and we went out for dinner with our little old guy tonight. It was my "no diet" day but I didn't go nuts. I ate pretty much on plan although I did have a few extra calories at dinner. We had mexican food and it was really good and I chose stuff wisely and only went over about 50 calories so that's not too bad.

I'm feeling really good these days, both physically and emotionally. I enjoy the way the healthy eating and exercising is making my body feel. I feel stronger and can move faster. I have more energy and get more done. It's nice, I didn't realize how much I was dragging myself around last summer until I stopped and compared it to this summer. I will admit that this summer has not been as hot and humid as last summer so I know that is part of it. I know though that the biggest reason for feeling so good is the new lifestyle.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to mention, I weighed in today, as per my usual Saturday weigh-in. I weigh-in and measure up. The tape hadn't moved much this week but the scales had. Officially, since January 6, 2003, I have now lost 50 pounds. 5 bags of potatoes..it's a lot of weight and I'm feeling lighter without it. I can't imagine how much lighter I'll feel 50 pounds from now but I'm anxious to see how it goes! I know that I could have probably lost it faster, or lost more by now if I wasn't taking days off here and there but this is my life. If I'm going to keep the weight off permanently, I have to allow myself small breaks here and there. I know that this, more realistic for me, approach is what has kept me going so far, keeping on plan most of the time. I'm really happy with my results so far, to break the 50 pound mark feels great!

No comments: