Monday, July 07, 2003

I feel kind of crazy admitting this but I'm quite glad to be back at work. I find that I need the routine that I used to take for granted. It keeps my eating controlled and it keeps me on my exercise program.

I woke up this morning and dragged myself downstairs to the bike. I did my regular routine but felt kind of gross the whole time I was doing it. My stomach seemed off a bit. After I finished my workout and was making my lunch and doing my morning stuff, I realized that I as in the middle of a mild gas attack. I ate my breakfast and trundled along, eventually I had to give in and chug a couple of diet cokes and started belching. This helped a lot and I was able to get back upstairs and into the shower. I was still in a lot of discomfort though so, after I was ready for work, I drank yet another diet coke. I had a few more good belches on the way to work and, although I felt a little wonky when I arrived, I was a lot better than I'd been an hour earlier.

The side effect of this is that I've been running to the loo, a lot more than normal, getting rid of the cokes. I got my appetite back about an hour ago and just finished my lunch. The only residue I'm feeling now is that I'm really tired. I'm looking forward to getting home and sleeping. I figure that it was caused by my dinner last night. We had sort of a big lunch so I made myself a cabbage salad last night. I ate a little later than I normally would so I think that my stomach was having some trouble with the cabbage this morning. I'll have to be more careful about that in the future. I'm finding that my digestive system doesn't like it much when I eat too late in the evening.

The office was pretty busy when I was away so I have a fair amount of stuff on my desk right now. It's not too bad though, I actually prefer it when it is like this, I love being busy. Luckily, I also love my job so it's a good busy. I have a feeling that this week is going to fly right by. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to it!

No comments: