Thursday, July 10, 2003

This week, since my sleepless Monday night, I've had the toughest time getting out of bed in the mornings. This morning I could hardly do it, I almost went back to bed after I got into my workout duds. Pathetic or what?!?

Because of how I've been feeling, I've done sort of "soft" workouts. I do my normal thing but haven't been really pushing myself as hard I usually do. I feel inclined to blame the weather. At the beginning of the week, it was super humid (and I was sick!) and that dragged me out. The past couple of days, the air has been clean and it's making me dozy (okay, dozy-er). At work, I'm getting lots done but at home, I kind of flake out. It's odd, and annoying. I keep telling myself that it's okay and that any workout is better than none at all. It's true, I know but I still feel kind of bad about it.

Hopefully, I'll recharge my batteries on the weekend and will back up to steam on Monday again. The gas thing just kicked my butt this week. I have talked to my doctor about it a couple of times and we've ruled out gallbladder problems (it's not that kind of pain, it doesn't happen on the same timeline, etc.). Slowly, I'm figuring out what to avoid or limit and what's okay. Basically, really hard to digest veggies (cabbage, broccoli) are what I'm going to have to limit. I feel good knowing what is wrong with me when these things happen and I know how to control it finally. The first time it happened it scared me, a lot. I thought I was having a heart attack or a gallbladder attack or something. Funny how our minds just jump to worst-possible-scenario at times like this huh?

So, other than lackluster workouts the past couple of days, I'm back on top of things. My eating is really going well and I'm liking how much better I feel when that's under control. My vacation really kicked my butt. I'm looking forward to seeing some results (my vacation didn't put be back any but it should didn't get me any closer to goal -- thankfully!) over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm keeping my toes, fingers and eyes crossed!!

No comments: