Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Yesterday was absolutely brutal.

The gas attack thing that I had in the morning pretty much stayed with me all day. I got hungry around my usual time and did eat my lunch. Unfortunately, I started to feel really crappy after I ate so I went home early. As soon as I got home, I tried the diet coke and burping thing and eventually fell asleep. When my hunny got home, we went to the grocery store. I wanted to have a sandwich for dinner, something without raw veggies in it as I know that they were the cause of my problem.

By the time we got home from the store, I felt like a truck had hit me. I think that when I have this happen, it must release some kind of toxins into my system because my muscles and joints were achey. The sandwich didn’t do any more good than anything else I’d eaten all day and the discomfort stayed with me until 1:40 a.m. I didn’t get much sleep last night but I’m feeling better now. When I woke up this morning, I didn’t want to risk eating anything so I skipped breakfast and am functioning without the benefit of caffeine at the moment. I also didn’t get to work out this morning. I was barely able to drag my butt into the shower and get ready for work. Lunch should be interesting. If I get through the afternoon without another attack, I’ll be fine. Fortunately, I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow afternoon so I’ll have to talk to her about it again.

One nice thing about feeling completely shitty is that you really appreciate how good “normal” feels when it returns. On that note, I better go get rid of these hunger pangs and make my lunch.

No comments: