Wednesday, July 30, 2003

I'm a pretzel. I feel like one anyway. I'm walking all kind of crunched up today because my back is giving me problems. It's done this before and usually, it's stress related. It's not always stress related though and I'm wondering if I slept funny last night or something. I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen for it and wasn't able to workout this morning because of it.

Last night, we were up later than normal because we had dinner guests and I'm thinking that I must have slept in a weird way or something. I kind of slept in this morning and then could not get out of bed. It was a struggle just to get my lunch made and get myself showered. Fortunately, I know that this passes in a day or so but unfortunately, I'm not in a position to be off from work right now because there are only 2 people in our unit and the other person is on holidays. I'm also wondering if this isn't a cold in my back or something like that. The reason I say that is because I almost never get headaches and I had a killer headache yesterday afternoon. Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon.

We got to looking at some photos last night that had been taken last summer and fall. I can't get over what a difference 51 pounds makes. My body is still big and huge but it's not all bloated looking like in those photos. I was amazed actually. So other than being over medicated and in a significant amount of discomfort when I walk or move, I'm having an okay day. Dinner last night was super healthy and delicious and my eating so far today is great. I'm working on eating more of a variety of fruit so today, instead of grapes I brought some cantaloupe with me. It was awesome.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more like exercising again. I miss it when I can't do it and I get really frustrated when my back does this because there isn't anything I can really do for it except to let it run it's course.

~ ~ ** ~ ~

This week's Wednesday Weigh-in is a one-liner:

What keeps you going?

Many things keep me motivated:

* How good I feel when I exercise and eat well is addictive and that keeps me going
* Writing in this journal, posting on the Weigh-Better board and recording my food and activity in Fitday helps to keep me honest, I feel accountable, not only to myself but to the folks who read this. If I gave up, I'd feel that I'd let myself and everyone down.
* My goal of longevity. I want to be a little old lady who walks around the block in a pink track suit when I'm 80. If I quit, that's not going to happen.

No comments: