Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I'm feeling much better right now than I did last night and this morning. I slept like a log last night though. I remember having a dream about a song. I can't tell you what song it was, it might have been something by Dar Williams, I really can't say for sure. In the dream, I was sure I could hear Emmy Lou Harris singing. When I walked toward the source of the music, Emmy Lou was there, singing her heart out. I'm not sure what else happened, that's all I can remember. Maybe I listened to too much Gram Parsons yesterday. Dreams aside, I woke up feeling a little fragile so I had a short, gentle workout. Depending on how tonight goes, I may try to get another one in tonight, at least a couple of miles on the bike. It'll depend on what time I actually end up getting home at.

Here is today's Wednesday Weigh-in:

If you drive, do you eat in your car? If so, why? If not (not because you don't drive), how have you been able to do that?

I do drive and no, I don't eat in the car anymore. The only exception is when we're traveling long distances. I do take a coffee with me to work each day but I only have a five minute trip from home to the office so I don't actually sip on my black coffee until I get to my desk. We stopped eating our car when we changed everything else, in January. Cold turkey is the best way, I find.

I remember seeing a comedian on television, years ago, make a joke about "Almost Home" cookies. He said, "Almost Home? Try, 'almost out of the parking lot' instead!" We used to be bad for that, digging in to stuff on the way home from the store. Part of the reason for this, in the past, was due to the fact that we drove a hatch back and now we have a sedan so all food purchases are put in the trunk. I think it's a really bad habit to get into. We used to eat our meals in our laps, in front of the television. Now, we eat at the dining room table. The TV may still be on but at least we're in a better position for eating. I noticed a huge difference in how my meals were digested when we got up off the sofa and to the table.

No comments: